miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2011

AND SO, TOO, EITHER , NEITHER


  • To express agreement in English (me too / me \

  • neither) withpositive statements we

  • use (too / so) and use the negative (= noteither / Neither)

Affirmative

  • My wife is a lawyer, and so am I. / I am too. Mi esposa es abogada y yo también.
  • She was here yesterday, and so was he. / he was too. Ella estuvo aquí ayer y él también.
  • I can swim, and so can my brother. / my brother can too. Puedo nadar y mi hermano también.
  • I should study more, and so should you. / you should too. Yo debería estudiar más y tú también.
  • They will go to the movies, and so will I. / I will too. Ellos irán al cine y yo también.
  • Susan studies German, and so does Mary. / Mary does too. Susan estudia alemán y Mary también.
  • John cleaned the house, and so did his wife. / his wife did too. John limpió la casa y su esposa también.
  • They have gone out, and so has their son. / their son has too. Ellos han salido y su hijo también.

NEGATIVE
  • I am not tired, and neither are my friends. / my friends are not either. No estoy cansado y mis amigos tampoco.
  • I can't play chess, and neither can you. / you can't either. No sé jugar al ajedrez y tú tampoco.
  • They won't attend the concert, and neither will I. / I won't either. No irán al recital y yo tampoco.
  • I don't like novels, and neither does my girlfriend. / my girlfriend doesn't either. No me gustan las novelas y a mi novia tampoco.
  • Jack didn't bring anything, and neither did his sister. / his sister didn't either. Jack no trajo nada y su hermana tampoco.
  • She has not seen that film yet, and neither has her boyfriend. / her boyfriend hasn't either. Ella no ha visto la película aún y su novio tampoco.
  • They don't have money, and neither do we. / we don't either. No tienen dinero y nosotros tampoco.
  • Bill hadn't been there, and neither had his family. / his family hadn't either. Bill no había estado allí y su familia tampoco.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario