martes, 12 de octubre de 2010

The Used to

The Use de 'used to' in English

You use (used to) – verb, when you need to talk about something that was in the past or something like an habit in past.

Example:
Habit: I used to play the guitar. This is an action that you do in past.

Be: I used to live in London. This is you was living in there, but now you don’t live there.

You used the same form for all pronouns

Affirmatives
I
you
he/she/it + used to + verb
we
they

Example: I used to play football, he used to play football, we used to play football.

Negatives:
I
you
he/she/it + didn't use to + verb
we
they

Example: I didn't use to play football, he didn't use to play football, we didn't use to play football etc...


Question

Did + use to + verb
Example:

Did you use to smoke?
What did you use to do....?

Example:

Did you use to play football? Did he use to play football?

Short answer
:

Did you use to play football?
Yes I did
No I didn't


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario